Martin Weigert is the Vice President & General Manager of the Industrial Fiber Products Division which manufactures fiber products targeting the industrial, automotive and emerging markets. Martin Weigert worked for Siemens/ Osram / Infineon / Avago for over 20 years and has held various development & marketing positions in the company’s fiber optic and LED product divisions.
Martin has many years of experience in leading positions for development and marketing of optoelectronic components for the automotive and fiber optic markets. He is currently in charge of the P&L for the Industrial Fiber Product Division at Avago Technologies.
Martin studied Micro System Technology and has a technical background in MEMS, Optoelectronics and Semiconductors. He is the managing director of the Avago Technologies Fiber GmbH in Germany, Avago Technologies Fiber Austria GmbH and a member of the supervisory board at the Munich based MIC AG, an early stage investor for high tech companies.
20 years experience in Fiber Optics
- 1994 – 1997 Process development MEMS
- 1997 – 1998 Task force leader production ramp-up
- 1998 – 1999 Project leader optical SMD devices
- 1999 – 2000 Marketing Manager Automotive LED
- 2001 – 2004 Director Development Fiber Optics
- 2004 – 2006 Director Marketing POF
- 2006 – 2007 Director Product Line Manager (R&D+Marketing) at Infineon
- Since 2008 General Manager Industrial Fiber Optics at Avago Technologies
- Since 2009 Managing Director “Avago Technologies Fiber GmbH”
- Since 2011 Member of the supervisory board at MIC AG
- Since 2012 Managing Director “Avago Technologies Fiber Austria GmbH”
- Since 2014 Vice President & General Manager – Avago